Monday, March 26, 2012

Finn Jay Cron

You may not recognize this little guy. His name is Finn Jay Cron.


As many of you know, we had several, very special NICU nurses who took great care of our little Eden. One of these nurses was extra special and her name is Aimee Cron. She traded shifts so she could be with us the day Eden died and even stayed seven hours after her shift ended so she could take our little angel to the morgue herself. She holds a VERY special place in our hearts.

15 months after Eden died, Aimee and her husband Simon were blessed with a little girl named Lilly. It was difficult to see her photos and not think of how close in age she would have been to Eden. Last year both Tina and Aimee were pregnant with boys. Finn was born on December 30th, just four days before Silas. They were going to meet soon so Silas and Finn could meet and begin their own special friendship.

Tragically, last week Finn became ill. We don't know all the details, but after a long fight in the hospital, he passed away. I can't begin to tell you how heart broken Tina and I are for Finn's family.

Our prayer is for Aimee and Simon to find the peace that only comes from a relationship with Jesus Christ. The Bible tells us of a man named King David. He lost a baby son and was quoted saying, "While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept. I thought, ‘Who knows? The LORD may be gracious to me and let the child live.’ But now that he is dead, why should I go on fasting? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me." The wise David recognized that his son was in heaven and that he would someday be reunited with him again. Only by faith in Jesus Christ can we have the hope of eternal life and see our babies again.

We love you Aimee, Simon and Lilly. We are so anxious to hug all three of our babies one day.

3 comments:

  1. I have often wondered if the trials you and Tina went through with Eden was to prepare you to be a special comfort in cases exactly like this. Blake and I will pray for you all as you go through this.

    Love you all mucho gusto,

    Dean and Blake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so saddened by this tragedy. That special family will be in my prayers and I know you and Tina will be such a help to them as you are able to share the special love of our Father. Hugs!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. John and Tina, thank you for sharing this story and a picture of that beautiful baby. I am so heartbroken over the parents' loss and have been keeping them in my prayers. I can't imagine the pain they must be going through.
    N

    ReplyDelete